There is no day of the year on which a Saint or Feast is not celebrated. By remembering the Saints on their annual Feasts, we receive the reward that our Lord promised: He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward (Matthew 10:41). By regularly invoking the Saints, we make the Saints part of our life, and we become part of theirs.
Here you can:
• Commemorate all the Saints that are celebrated on every day of the year, as found in the Synaxarion of our Menaion and the Daily Commemoration Cards.
• Read short accounts of the Feasts and Saints provided in the Great Horologion, with a growing collection of additional Saints not included in the Horologion, and supplements to the original Horologion accounts.
• Look up any Saint or Feast in the complete Index.
• Search the Index for Baptismal Names you despaired of finding. This Index has been set up to include many variants of Saints’ names; search, e.g., for Alistair, Audrey, Austin, Claire, Denise, Foster, Gomez, Mitchell, Olivia, Owen, Rose, Sheila, Sidney, Stacey, Tiffany, William.
• Follow up with more resources, including where to find the full lives of the Saints and more about them.
Click on any letter of the index above for an alphabetical listing of the Saints and Feasts. For larger letters, click or touch the word “Index.”
Click on any day of the year in the left column for a list of the Saints commemorated that day. For larger numbers, click or touch the name of any month.
Click on the names of Saints that appear in blue on any day of the calendar or in the Index for short and not-so-short accounts of their lives.
Copyright © 2016, Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Brookline, MA, all rights reserved.
All reproduction of texts or icons on this website in any form
without prior written permission is forbidden.